Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Crocketing" also known as Crocheting

I went to my sweet neighbor's house last night for a visit, Lynn is her name, making me laugh is her fame.  We began discussing crocheting.  She said she had always wanted to learn to crochet.  She called it "crocket".  I told her I had learned when I was little from a lady I stayed with a lot because of my mother's illness.  Aunt Etta was her name.  She crocheted baby doll clothes for my baby dolls and tried teaching me as well.  She also made cakes, lots of them!  Maybe that's why I don't like to bake.  Anyway, Lynn helped me remember those special times with Aunt Etta.  She was a precious lady!

This memory also made me think of my Aunt Rachel.  She also crocheted.  All the nieces, nephews and grandkids would sit and watch her crochet.  Why you ask?  She would light a cigarette, keep it in her mouth, and begin crocheting.  The cigarette would burn all the way up to the filter, and she would never drop an ash!  Pretty amazing, huh?  Smiles.... 

Thanks Lynn for bringing back some great memories!  Those were the days! 

By the way Lynn, I can give a lesson on "crocketing" if you like.  No telling what we'll come up with, but it would be fun trying!  

Until next time!

Lori Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment